With close to 20 years experience in Coaching, Consulting, Training, Marketing and Leadership – from Malaysia, Singapore and Australia, Coach Melvin Leow is one of the youngest PCC Credentialed Coaches with the ICF International Coach Federation (Global) with his key drive to Empower “Future Leaders” around the world. Mel has always felt Coaching to be second nature and is an empathetic listener and a powerful perspective giver.
Mel has coached and trained leaders from various regional banks and large MNCs such as OCBC, Maybank and CIMB (Banks), Schindler (Lifts), Berjaya (Insurance), VADS (IT), Carigali Hess (Oil & Gas), AEON Co. (Retail), Astra Zeneca (Pharma), Miss Universe Malaysia Org (Entertainment), Edwards Lifesciences (Medical) and many more.
As a “Coach of Future Coaches”, he coach trains the Australian Government Accredited Diploma in Workplace and Business Coaching programme, which is an ICF ACTP (Coach Certification Program). His expertise/key interests focus around these themes of Coaching Leaders to Unlock their Work-Life Passion and Potential, “Holistic” Leadership Development, Developing Powerful Attitudes and Motivations at Work, Influential Communication through Coaching/NLP and Innovation, Culture and Change Work.
Mel holds the following qualifications:
- Master of Business Administration (General Management) – Heriot-Watt University (UK)
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) – International Coach Federation (Global)
- Diploma & Cert IV in Workplace and Business Coaching – Open Door Coaching Group (Aust.)
- Certified Professional Coach Program (CPCP) – International Coach Academy (Global)
- Master Business NLP Practitioner – Society of Neuro Linguistic Programming (USA)
- Certified Trainer of the Inventory of Work Attitude and Motivation (iWAM) Profile
- Certified Consultant of the Language and Behaviour (LAB) Profile, VSQ and COMET Profile
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment (TAA) – TBM Training (Aust.)
As a busy working father of three school aged children, Mel still finds the time to write inspirational short coaching articles for a variety of publications. He is an advocate for Justice and Equality and when in Australia he helps as a volunteer at Mission Australia’s Mentoring Program for Sudanese residents. For fun, he enjoys singing/playing guitar in a band, mountain biking and spending quality time with his family. He loves the great outdoors, travelling, scuba diving and holds a black belt in Tae Kwon-do.